Washington Heights United Methodist Church (WHUMC) was established in 1909 as a Sunday School on the corner of Roseneath and Hubbard. WHUMC later moved to 250 North Kendall Street, from there to its current location at 153 North Wood Street, Battle Creek, MI. In 1976 the church was renamed to Washington Heights United Methodist Church and Community Ministry. The Community Ministry provided services to the Washington Heights area in the form of Nutrition, Education, Counseling, Seniors, Youth and Children Programs, Job Development Services, Emergency Assistance, Human Enrichment, and Health for over 30 years. Currently, Washington Heights considers itself to be a Hub of H.O.P.E. for the Washington Heights community, city of Battle Creek, state of Michigan and the World.